Not only do we understand the importance of educating our members themselves, we also believe in the role of education within the community. More specifically, we offer a number of scholarships to help recent graduates of our members’ families pursue further education.
2016 NAPE Scholarships
2016 NAPE Scholarship Applications Are Now Closed.
Deadline is July 15, 2016.
Twenty-two (22) scholarships awarded each year valued at $500 each:
- Nine (9) Regional Scholarships
- One (1) Emmanual Strickland Scholarship
- One (1) Max Dyke Scholarship
- One (1) William Browne Scholarship
- Ten (10) At-Large Scholarships
Selection to be made by the NAPE Education Committee, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors/Executive Committee.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must graduate from High School in 2016.
- Must be registered to attend a Post-Secondary Institute in 2016.
- Parent or legal guardian or applicant must be a NAPE member in good standing.
- Must complete a true/false Union-based quiz.
- Region 1 – West Coast (Bonne Bay to Port aux Basques and South to Burgeo)
- Region 2 – Labrador
- Region 3 – Grand Falls and surrounding area
- Region 4 – Gander area
- Region 5 – Conception and Trinity Bays
- Region 6 – Hospitals and Health Care Institutions in St. John’s
- Region 7 – St. John’s and outlying areas including the Southern Shore and excluding hospitals and institutions
- Region 8 – Bonne Bay to St. Anthony
- Region 9 – Burin Peninsula including Clarenville
Deadline for applications is July 15th 2016.
NUPGE Scholarships are available to NAPE members. There are four in total and they are:
Tommy Douglas Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: How Tommy Douglas contributed to making Canada a more just and equitable society.
Terry Fox Memorial Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of people with disabilities.
Aboriginal Canadians Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of Aboriginal Canadians.
Visible Minorities Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of visible minorities.
Application forms are available from the NUPGE site.
Deadline is June 30th of each year.
Johnson Insurance Scholarship
The Johnson Scholarship program provides 50 students across Canada with $1,000 scholarships. Go to Johnson Scholarships to find out more.