Not only do we understand the importance of educating our members themselves, we also believe in the role of education within the community. More specifically, we offer a number of scholarships to help dependents of our members’ families pursue further education.
2017 NAPE Scholarships are now open!
2017 NAPE Scholarships
Deadline is July 15, 2017.
Twenty-two (22) scholarships awarded each year valued at $500 each:
- Nine (9) Regional Scholarships
- One (1) Emmanual Strickland Scholarship
- One (1) Max Dyke Scholarship
- One (1) William Browne Scholarship
- Ten (10) At-Large Scholarships
Selection to be made by the NAPE Education Committee, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors/Executive Committee.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Open to all students entering their first year of Canadian post-secondary educational institution, full-time, in the scholarship year.
- Must be registered to attend a Post-Secondary Institute in 2017.
- Parent or legal guardian or applicant must be a NAPE member in good standing.
- Must complete a true/false Union-based quiz.
- Region 1 – West Coast (Bonne Bay to Port aux Basques and South to Burgeo)
- Region 2 – Labrador
- Region 3 – Grand Falls and surrounding area
- Region 4 – Gander area
- Region 5 – Conception and Trinity Bays
- Region 6 – Hospitals and Health Care Institutions in St. John’s
- Region 7 – St. John’s and outlying areas including the Southern Shore and excluding hospitals and institutions
- Region 8 – Bonne Bay to St. Anthony
- Region 9 – Burin Peninsula including Clarenville
Deadline for applications is July 15th 2017.
NUPGE Scholarships are available to NAPE members. There are four in total and they are:
Tommy Douglas Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: How Tommy Douglas contributed to making Canada a more just and equitable society.
Terry Fox Memorial Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of people with disabilities.
Aboriginal Canadians Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of Aboriginal Canadians.
Visible Minorities Scholarship – $1,500
Awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of visible minorities.
Application forms are available from the NUPGE site.
Deadline is June 30th of each year.
Johnson Insurance Scholarship
The Johnson Scholarship program provides 50 students across Canada with $1,000 scholarships.
Go to Johnson Scholarships to find out more.
Johnson Inc. 2017 Scholarship Program Opens April 1st, 2017.
Building on our History of Supporting Customers and Communities
For many Canadian students, the jump from high school to post-secondary education is a thrilling transition into adulthood, but one that comes with new financial responsibilities.
At Johnson, we understand the challenges faced by students during their pursuit of higher education, and we are proud to offer scholarships to help them achieve their dreams. Since 1998, Johnson has awarded over 1500 scholarships valued at more than $1 million to support young Canadians coast to coast in pursuing their post-secondary education.
This year, we are pleased to offer 50 scholarships worth $1000 each to students who have an auto or home policy through Johnson (or their parent/guardian or grandparent), or have a parent or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson sponsor/client group, or who are children and grandchildren of Johnson employees.
Students must have completed high school in 2017 and must be beginning post-secondary education this fall.
Applications for the Scholarship Program will be open starting April 1st, 2017. Completed application forms must be submitted by August 31st, 2017 and must contain an official school transcript of final year credits.
For more information, or to apply for a Johnson Inc. scholarship, please call or visit 1.866.544.2673 | johnson.ca/scholarship.