Throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, NAPE members are stepping up as volunteers
to make a difference. Some are union activists, while others give their time and energy
to community groups. The NAPE Step Up Awards were created to recognize these
members. These awards provide an opportunity for our union to recognize and applaud
the efforts of NAPE members who give so freely of themselves to improve the lives
of those around them.
Each year a maximum of 10 awards will be presented – one for a NAPE activist and
one for a community volunteer – in each of the following five geographic regions:
- St. John’s Metro (NAPE Regions 6 & 7)
• Eastern (NAPE Region 5 and 9)
• Central (NAPE Regions 3 and 4)
• Western (NAPE Regions 1 and 8)
• Labrador (NAPE Region 2)
Do you know a NAPE member whose volunteer time and efforts have made an
outstanding contribution to their union or their community?
If the answer to that questions is yes, please consider nominating them for a NAPE Step Up Award.
To be eligible, an individual:
- must be a member of NAPE
• must have made an outstanding voluntary contribution without reward or gain for
the betterment of NAPE or the community
• The NAPE Activist Step Up Awards will be given to those NAPE members who
embody and exemplify the spirit and goals of the union through their union volunteerism.
• The NAPE Community Volunteer Step Up Awards recognize the exceptional
contributions of NAPE members for their volunteer work in the community.\
Winners will be selected by NAPE’s Board of Directors or sub-committee thereof.
DEADLINE – MARCH 24, 2017
- Winners’ names will be displayed at NAPE’s head office.
• Winners will also receive a plaque and a distinctive lapel pin.
• NAPE will make a donation on behalf of each recipient to the organizations / charities
of their choice
• Awards will be presented to recipients at a Step Up Award ceremony in St. John’s
during Volunteer Week (April)
To nominate an individual, please submit the following:
1. Complete nomination form
2. Reasons for nomination (maximum one page)
3. Up to three letters of support (maximum one page each). Letters of support must be
signed and include the letter writer’s name, phone number, and / or email address.