2022 Theme – Pandemic Heroes
Throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, NAPE members are stepping up as volunteers
to make a difference. Some are union activists, while others give their time and energy
to community groups. The NAPE Step Up Awards were created to recognize these
members. These awards provide an opportunity for our union to recognize and applaud
the efforts of NAPE members who give so freely of themselves to improve the lives
of those around them.
Each year a maximum of 5 awards will be presented – one in each of the following five geographic regions:
- St. John’s Metro (NAPE Regions 6 & 7)
- Eastern (NAPE Region 5 and 9)
- Central (NAPE Regions 3 and 4)
- Western (NAPE Regions 1 and 8)
- Labrador (NAPE Region 2)
Do you know a NAPE member whose volunteer time and efforts have made an
outstanding volunteer contribution to their union AND/OR their community?
If the answer to that questions is yes, please consider nominating them for a NAPE Step-Up Award.
To be eligible, an individual:
- must be a member of NAPE
- must have made an outstanding voluntary contribution without reward or gain for
the betterment of NAPE and/or the community
Winners will be selected by NAPE’s Board of Directors or sub-committee thereof.
NEW DEADLINE – May 10, 2022
- Winners’ names will be displayed on a plaque at NAPE’s head office.
- Winners will also receive a plaque and a distinctive lapel pin.
- NAPE will make a $1000 donation on behalf of each recipient to the organizations/charities
of their choice
- Awards will be presented to recipients at a Step Up Award ceremony in St. John’s
during Volunteer Week (April 24 – 30, 2022)
To nominate an individual, please submit the following:
- Complete nomination form
- Reasons for nomination (maximum one page)
- The nominator/nominees must be NAPE members
NOTE: Nominators may also submit other supporting materials/documents (letters of support, news clippings, links to videos/news stories/websites or blog posts, pictures, etc…) for consideration; however this is NOT REQUIRED.