Throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, NAPE members are stepping up as volunteers
to make a difference. Some are union activists, while others give their time and energy
to community groups. The NAPE Step Up Awards were created to recognize these
members. These awards provide an opportunity for our union to recognize and applaud
the efforts of NAPE members who give so freely of themselves to improve the lives
of those around them.
This year, the two previously separate categories of NAPE Activist and Community Volunteer have been combined since many applicants in previous years had been doing volunteer work in both areas, but could only apply for one category.
We have also streamlined and updated the nomination process to make it easier to nominate while being able to provide more kinds of supporting information (news clippings, videos, news stories, etc…)
Each year a maximum of 5 awards will be presented – one in each of the following five geographic regions:
- St. John’s Metro (NAPE Regions 6 & 7)
- Eastern (NAPE Region 5 and 9)
- Central (NAPE Regions 3 and 4)
- Western (NAPE Regions 1 and 8)
- Labrador (NAPE Region 2)
Do you know a NAPE member whose volunteer time and efforts have made an
outstanding contribution to their union or their community?
If the answer to that questions is yes, please consider nominating them for a NAPE Step Up Award.
To be eligible, an individual:
- must be a member of NAPE
- must have made an outstanding voluntary contribution without reward or gain for
the betterment of NAPE and/or the community
Winners will be selected by NAPE’s Board of Directors or sub-committee thereof.
DEADLINE – MARCH 12, 2019
- Winners’ names will be displayed at NAPE’s head office.
- Winners will also receive a plaque and a distinctive lapel pin.
- NAPE will make a donation on behalf of each recipient to the organizations/charities
of their choice
- Awards will be presented to recipients at a Step Up Award ceremony in St. John’s
during Volunteer Week (April)
To nominate an individual, please submit the following:
- Complete nomination form
- Reasons for nomination (maximum one page)
- At least one letter of support (maximum of three). Letters of support must be
signed and include the letter writer’s name, phone number, and/or email address.
NOTE: Nominators may also submit other supporting materials/documents (news clippings, links to videos/news stories/websites or blog posts, pictures, etc…) for consideration; however this is NOT REQUIRED.